Thursday 5 June 2008

Roses Are Red

A while ago I started making some ATCs with one stamp, the idea was to see how many ways I could find to colour the rose red. Here are the first 3 of the series, I have another 3 ideas for colouring my rose still to do and maybe more ideas will happen along the way!

The rose stamp is one I bought on ebay, part of a set I beleive originally sold by QVC UK. From the left, the first is stamped in Stazon and coloured with water colour pencils. In the middle I covered some gold foil card with clear UTEE, heated it, added a second layer and heated again, then sprinkled some red and green embossing powder in the area where I would stamp the rose and heated a 3rd time. Once that was done and with the embossing still melted I stamped my rose which I had previously inked up with Gold Encore Metallic ink. Third along is stamped on acetate with Stazon and then coloured with Sakura Glaze pens. The backing paper is something I came up with when messing about on Hubby's computer - he has Photoshop Elements and I thought it would be fun to learn some of what that programme can do. the rose stem is also from the same set of stamps as the main rose image and was embossed with red embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment