Thursday 19 June 2008

Two More Cards for the WSW Challenges

It's been a busy week this week, so I have not managed as many of the World Stamping Week Challenges as I would have liked to, but here are 2 more I have done. The first was to make a Long Tall Card, or as we call it here in the UK a DL card. The second challenge was to create a project with the theme "Winged Creatures"

For the Long Tall card I used a floral stamp from the Elusive Images "Damask Squares" themplate which I stamped in Versamark and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powders onto some Moondust pearlescent card. I then blended in a little Adirondack ink in Eggplant around the edges and finally ran my versmark pad around the edge and sprinked on more of the Cosmic Shimmer Powder to edge the piece. This was mounted onto black card which I had randomly stamped a background on using a butterfly stamp from the same themeplate with Opalite Ink in Orchid Ice. The Opalite ink is an interference ink so can appear almost invisible until the light catches it - it works best on dark card.

For the "Winged Creatures" Challenge I decided it would be fun to make a card featuring a dragon from the Elusive Images "Here Be Dragons" themeplate. First I created my background using a brayer and some torn paper to mask a skyline and a seperate mask for the moon. The ground was brayered on with Distress ink (Pine Needles) and the sky was layered using Adirondack Dye inks in Stonewashed, Denim and Eggplant. Once this was done I used a stamp from Clarity Stamp to stamp in the moon and cloud details using Encore Silver ink. The trees were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black using stamps from a set by The Angel Company and now my background was ready. Next I stamped and embossed the dragon image in with black embossing powder, painted this with various shades of Twinkling H2Os and then cut him out. The dragon was mounted onto the card with foam pads. Finally I used some Distress Ink (Old Paper) to age a long narrow strip of paper by applying it with an ink blending tool and stamped a text stamp from the "Here Be Dragons" themplate in the middle of the strip using Adirondack ink (Cappuccino. The extra length of paper at the top and bottom of the strip was rolled up to create a sort of scroll and this was stuck down on the card. The message on the scroll reads "Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Jane! I do hope you are also seeing all the great compliments at 2 peas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards, the Dragon looks fab!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great magical card, love the way you've put that old dragon flying over the tree tops.

    ReplyDelete