Friday 26 September 2008

Damask Delight and not so delightful face injury

One of my dogs, Brock, is the eternal puppy - full of bounce and always up for a lark. However last night was not such fun. We were playing with his ball and as he brought it back I bent over to take it just as he jumped up to give it to me which lead to a nasty crash between my face and his head! End result was over 3 hours spend at the Accident and Emergency unit last night getting my face X-rayed. At first I thought I was OK, but a few hours after the accident I needed to blow my nose but when I tried to a huge lump suddenly appeared right under my eye. I must admit that kind of freaked me out a bit! Apparently I have no broken bones in my face, but the A&E doctor is referring me to the Facio-Maxilliary clinic (think I got that name right) but I have no idea how long it will be to get an appointment to see someone.

Today, as my eye is still half closed due to the lump and I still have a headache, I don't feel up to finishing of the project I started yesterday so I thought I would share a picture of a card I made some time ago. I came across it yesterday when browsing through some photos trying to decide what papers I wanted to use on my latest card.

This card was made using the Artylicious Damask Delights CD and stamps from the co-ordinating sets by Elusive Images. First I printed the backing paper and 2 of the greetings tags from the CD onto cream card stock. I chose some dark green card to make the card itself and covered it with some of the paper I had printed from the CD. When printing the greeting tags I had left one of them blank and on this one I stamped and heat embossed the central motif using gold embossing powder and a stamp from the Delightful Damask Themeplate. This was layered onto another piece of cream card stock which has been stamped and embossed using the co-ordinating stamp from the Damask Backgrounds Themeplate. I had printed the other tag with a Birthday greeting and this was layerd up on more of the gold embossed background and dark green card. Finally I added a narrow bow of gold organza ribbon as a finishng touch and then mounted my finished elements onto the card with foam pads.

14 comments:

  1. Ouch, Phree! Hope you feel much better soon :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that card and it's a stunner ! I love it. X fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear, Phree. Very painful I'm sure. The dog didn't need the vet's then? Joking apart, I hope you're pain free soon.

    Yet another beautiful card. I love greens!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Phree, that sounds terrible! It makes my eyes water just reading it. Hope your appointment comes through quickly and they find everything is where it should be. Sorry to hear you can't even manage some 'comfort crafting'. Hope you're feeling better soon and back to your usual productive self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Phree, I do hope you feel better soon. Something similar happened to a friend of mine involving her labrador, her husband and a large stick. She had two black eyes for ages, but it's all back to normal now. I would say cats are safer, but we were woken by the sound of one of our darlings throwing up on the (cream) carpet this morning, sigh...

    Love the card - such lovely papers! {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope you don't have to wait too long for referal - may it be a blood clot that shifted as you blew your nose to the sinuses?
    Hope the swelling goes down so you can create again quickly!

    I bet Brock had a headache too.

    Thats a very elegant card - love all the elements
    TFS
    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ow! Yes I've clashed heads with a playful dog before and seen stars, though not with the unusual effect you're having...
    Hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. I figured you might like the papers Glenda... and I thought the stamps were pretty cool too [insert evil grin here, made even more evil looking by the half closed swollen eye]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor you, hope your not suffering too much, great card BTW!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Phree, I'm so sorry about your collision! I hope you get to see the dr soon and everything clears up quickly!!

    Love the card ~ it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are ok and that you get to feeling better soon! Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Phree,

    Hope you're feeling a little better today although knowing severe bruising it usually feels worse rather than better for a few days. Forgot to say in my previous comment that at the hospital I worked at until recently the department you've been referred to is MAXILLO FACIAL although it may be slightly different in your neck of the woods

    Best Wishes

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your artwork and your blog are lovely! I'm so inspired, just taking a peek around your posts and seeing all of your beautiful work! I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your face and that the pain goes away quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every layer is another stunning image. I love your embossed image. I haven't worked with images from the computer and yours really makes it appealing.

    ReplyDelete