Monday 10 November 2008

Simply Stamping

The challenge this week on Stamp Somthing is called "Simple Somethings", and you are to only use one layer of cardstock for your project! Um well, somtimes stamping is not so simple, especially when you are a clutz like me! But the craft gods were smiling on me and despite droping the plastic cover from a Ranger Pigment ink pad on my card I managed not to get black ink all over 2 days of work and ruin it!

The card is simply an A5 piece of white card stock folded in half then stamped and inked. I first stamped and embossed the toadstools with black Adirondack Pigment Ink and used fine detail clear EP to emboss them. The Fairy was stamped and embossed in the same way, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with postioning. These stamps are from Elusive Images, the Fairy is from the Dragonfly Faeries themeplate and the toadstools are from the new Autumn Table themeplate, which so far has only been released to Graphicus Guild members, but which will be on sale in about a week's time, this means that at the moment the stamp is not listed on the Graphicus web site so I can't give a link.

Next I coloured in the tops of thetoadstools with Tinkabella Inks and used an Ranger Inkssentials white pen to create the spots. The stems were coloured with Stampin' Up markers and the colour drawn out with a wet paint brush. Clear Crystal glitter was added to the faery's wings and then the whole lot was coated with Glossy Accents so as the images would resist the inks I was going to use in the background.

Once the Glossy Accents were dry, I left this over-night to be sure it was, I used torn paper masks and various colours of green inks applyed with sponges and a Colour Box blending tool to create the background. I used stamps from the Elusive Images Wild Meadow themeplate to create some texture in the grass in the foreground. The trees are from a set of stamp by The Angel Company and the text is from a set of stamps I recently was lucky enough to receive this weekend from Roni when she had a blog candy givaway on her Ink Stains blog. They are from a set by Crafty Secrets and are clear photopolymer, if you have any doubts about using clear stamps then I can vouch for this brand because they stamp beautifully.

13 comments:

  1. Stunning Phree and I'm so glad you didn't ruin your beautiful work with the ink pad lid! The toadstools are perfection and look so real, beautiful fairy and the background is gorgeous, I love how you created it with the torn paper masks, so much creativity, your cards make me sigh too you know LOL! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Phree. Again, thank you for giving all the details of how you made this lovely piece of artwork. I think it should be framed and put on a wall somewhere. It should be on display for a long long time.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this card is fabulous Phree! I'm impressed that it is straight onto the card.

    The toadstools and the fiary wings look very 3d - do the Tinkerbella inks contribute to this or is it all Glossy Accents? Great effect either way.

    Also noteworthy: you have a tree stamp that I don't (yet) have :). Now you don't often see that! I have a fair sized virtual forest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous love the stamps and the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lovely card. That background is beautiful and makes those images look amazing. They really pop. Love the mushrooms too. Thanks for playing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phree this is just beautiful and well worth all that time you spent on it. Stunning!!! I love the stamped images and the beautiful background is perfect.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phree, this is brilliant. Those toadstools look so real and vibrant. As usual you've done a fabulous job.

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love it! ♥ ♥
    So worth all your hard work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is an amazing card absolutely gorgeous, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phree, this is just plain lovely! How very creative and detailed. I love every inch of it! The colors are just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fairy sitting on those 'champignons' cluster ! Stunning card, X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Oh my this is just a masterpiece...Do I ever love it all the background takes my breath away...Totally perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete