Thursday 12 February 2009

Another January Rose

I was in the mood to get on with my half-attempts at crafting that have been lying around since January. This card was made from things I had been playing around with in a plum and gold theme. It's the same stamp, the Elusive Images Harelquin Rose.

This time I have created a background in the plum and gold tones using Adirondack Alcohol Inks. The colours were Wild Plum, Cranberry, Raisin and a little of the Gold Metallic Mixative. Onto this background I stamped and heat embossed the rose using White EP and edged the piece with a gold Sakura Pentouch Pen. This was mounted onto white card stock and then onto another piece of card that had been coloured with the same Alchohol Inks and edged with the same gold pen. These were then mounted on to some plum colour Bazzil card stock. The Bazzil looks a bit bumpy on the folded spine of the card and this seems to have been emphasised in the photo to the point where it almost looks torn, I may have to think about remounting this onto something else.

15 comments:

  1. Another beauty ! You're on a roll, lady ! X fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love that alcohol ink background Phree and the image in white EP looks gorgeous

    You're doing wonderful things with that stamp.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phree, I hope you're well, it's been a while since I visited you I'm sorry to say. I love your card, the rose is stunning in white on the beautiful plum background you made. I really would love to try alcohol inks, the effects of them are so pretty. Hope you're having a good week. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phree, Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my lastest pieces of ART.......I really enjoyed making them but wished I would have had more time...LOL, isn't that the way it always is....BTW, I love the affect of this card...VERY pretty!!
    Penny Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy...... again loving the colours
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, beautiful card, very elegant. Love that rose stamp.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, these gold cards are absolutely gorgeous! Wow! Love them both!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so beautiful Phree :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phree both your Harlequin Rose cards are lovely. Wish I'd bought the stamp myself (trying to save some pennies). Thanks for the detailed descriptions I will steal your ideas ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!!! But then again you know I am partial to your work with alcohol inks! So very happy to see you back in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What really amazing colors you used on this wonderful image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phree, these are lovely cards! What a nice surpirse when I came by your blog to see that you have been creating again. Glad you are better! As always...lovely lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely this is! The differences between this and your last lovely card is definitely apparent, but the beauty is still there. A great example of loveliness in both cases.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous... another lovely card

    ReplyDelete