Thursday 19 March 2009

Teddy Birthday Card

This card was made for a Birthday card swap. The person who's birthday it was loves teddies and most things cute so I dug out my one and only cute teddy stamp and came up with this. Cute is not really my forte - other people do it better than me but I enjoyed making the card.

The teddy stamp is from Visible Image and was stamped onto some card cut with a die from a set of circle shape Nestabilities then layerd onto a co-ordinating scalloped circle. The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils which I blended with paper stumps and low odour mineral spirits.

The background paper is from the a Joanna Sheen CD - the Pamela West Collection. I stamped and heat embossed the floral corner flourish which comes from a set of stamps designed by Sheena Douglas then painted all the little leaves and flowers with with Twinkling H2Os. The flower embellishment is from Prima and was given some extra glitz with a coat of Shimmerz paint.

4 comments:

  1. Hi

    I don't like to disagree but I think you do cute brilliantly!!

    Love the flourish corner!!

    Have a great weekend - we're lucky to be bathed in sunshine again today!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a great job of that colouring. I have had Shimmerz on my wishlist for a few months now but couldn't find any available in this country. Think I will have to torture you for the name of your dealer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute Phree... (and I'm an all cutsie kinda girl)
    Have had a bit of a catch up on your wonderful creations, sorry I have't visited for a while. So much to do and not enough hours in the day!
    Just love the owl creations you are coming up with.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable with that cuddly bear! I love those flowers on the lower left side too!...and that flower.

    ReplyDelete