Friday 29 May 2009

Tag Book Workshop

I have been away for a couple of days this week doing some workshops at Graphicus. The first one we did was a Tag book and wes more technique driven with the finished book being more a by-product of trying different techniques on tags. Anyone who is a fan of Tim Holtz will be familiar with the type of stuff we were doing - playing with Distress inks, blending them with Cut N Dry foam, adding water, etc. We also did some techniques with the Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers which included an image transfer - that was fun and I was pleased at how well my image came out.

When we had done we bound all our tags into a book so now we have that as useful referrence work to remind us of how to do all the techniques we tried.

I have not finished the other project we did on Thursday - that involved working with Stampbord - but I have all my stuff home with me now and plan to take the time to finish it properly over the next few days.

11 comments:

  1. I am so envious. I would love to have some time at Graphicus. You make some fab stuff while you're there, like these yummy tags. Must be much better than just seeing a few minutes here and there on the box.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are gorgeous! I'd love to make something like this. I need some more inky techniques in my armoury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags look brilliant Phree. I wish I'd had time to look at them IRL and I'm not surprised with your image transfer. I have to have another go at mine because there's still loads of backing on there. I hope it comes out as well as yours.

    I can't wait to see your Stampbord creation after seeing the lovely 'bits' you had done.

    I tried to email you this morning but it kept coming back as a failed message. Have you changed your email addy? Drop me a quick line when you get chance.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are lovely. You lucky thing getting to a Graphicus workshop. I love Glenda's work she is such an inspiration isn't she.
    Can't wait to see more!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning! I love distress inks and this is a great project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phree these are beautiful, thanks for sharing and glad you enjoyed yourself so much.

    TW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tags are truely a work of ART! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I thought you were going to buy a mahussive trunk so I could come and play too :)...

    Looks like you had a great time the tags are beautiful

    Hope you're enjoying the beautiful weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those tags Phree! Pleased to hear you enjoyed the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are just lovely! I can't wait to see the other project too.

    ReplyDelete