Saturday 5 June 2010

Two For One?

Can I have a 2 for 1 please? The card was made a few weeks back for my husband who was transferring jobs and needed a card to thank his staff for the gift they gave him when they heard he was moving on. It seems appropriate to post this because it is a thank you card and, while it was made for hubby's work colleagues, I want to say thanks to all the kind friends who have popped in to visit when they saw I had posted on my blog again after so long. Thanks folks, your kind word are much appreicated.

The card itself was made using a stamp from the Stampin' Up set "Lovely as a Tree that I received from my "FAB"ulous freind Fabyon for Christmas last year - he's an SU demo - go visit his various blogs because he's a wonderful card maker and scrapper - and his other half Vince ain't half bad either - between them those 2 have so much talent!

To make this card I brayered a background using a Ranger Big N Juicy ink pad - Waterfall, then stamped the trees with black Stazon. Used a nestability die to cut it out and matted it onto some black card cut one size up from the same set of nesties. The main card was simply stamped with the same stamp across the center, the greeting is from an Elusive Images Themeplate, and the birds at the top right left are from Lavinia Stamps. A simple card to make really, the only tricky bit was the birds - I tried to stamp them quite lightly to keep them back in the distance, but that made it hard to get a crisp impression. Anyhow I hoped the final result was a suitably manly for my husband to give - somehow to me it just didn't seem right for a man to give a card that is all flowers and butterflies to a group of colleague who are mainly other men! But heck maybe that's just me being a lil' conventional!

10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card and so pleased to see you posting on your blog again. Ive missed your posts. Glad your still enjoying playing with all things inky and look forward to seeing more creations in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Phree you're making up for lost time, Lol!

    I love this card. How you've layered the image is inspirational.

    So glad you're back!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely simple clean card very suitable for a group of men. xCHrisB

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely elegant card Phree and I'm sure your husband's work colleagues were well impressed. I too have that Lavinia stamps bird stamp and have trouble getting just the right pressure to get a clear image. When it works it's brill.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eminently suitable for the occasion, I would think. Simple yet effective, and conveys the message perfectly. That tree stamp is one of my all-time favourites, and I really like the way you've spotlighted the middle section with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card as usual Phree. I'm sure hubby's colleagues were well impressed with it and it looks very suitable for male recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Subtle, calming and quiet in its way of saying what it wants to say.

    Any TY for posting re LJ - I've seen and felt nostalgic but know I can't get back into CT because I only have so much energy and am reserving the online bit of me for networking and marketing. And I have made good mates this way too. But I admit the CT lot are special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous. I love the coloured panel carrying on the B&W stamping, it's inspired.
    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your spotlighting effect on the trees! Lovely thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning card. I'm sure your husband's colleagues appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete