Thursday 5 August 2010

Seashell Stepper

This is another of the cards that I made as part of my submission for the Elusive Images Design Team. To make it I used  Elusive Images stamps from the Underwater and Seashell Collage themeplates, both of which are available from Graphicus.  This was one of those cards that seems to take over once you start making it, and ends up being very different from the card you first imagined in your head.

To make the card I started with an A4 sheet of ice blue pearlescent card onto which I stamped the large corner stamp of the shells and seaweed  and embossed with detail silver EP at the bottom right corner.  With that done I cut the lines needed to free the middle section of the card from the outer edge, freehand cutting the curve around the edge of the stamped image and scored the lines across the card needed to create the stepped folds.  With that done I stamped and embossed the little silver seahorse on the right side of the card and then folded along all my scored fold lines.

For the seashells I used Distress Inks with the wrinkle free technique to colour some white card. The ink colours are Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage. Once that was dry I used detail silver EP to emboss the various shell and starfish images onto it and then cut them out. I glued all my cut out shapes to the front and middle steps of the card.   

The card was finished off by making a greeting for the back step using Nestabilties dies to cut and emboss another piece of my Distress Ink coloured card onto which I stamped a greeting using a stamp from Clarity Stamp. I used a little Stormy Sky Distress ink to blend around the edge of this to pick up the embossed detail from the die.  If you look closely there are also some small shells stamped randomly in the same Distress Inks used to give the card it's colour, not sure if they really show up in the photo.   This was layerd onto some scalloped mats cut from more of the the same ice blue pearlescent card I made the step base with and another cut from silver foiled card. and stuck to the back step of the card .

16 comments:

  1. like this one Phree - very subtle colours and underwatery looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. themessycraftroom5 August 2010 at 18:47

    A lovely card, I like how you have stamped and cut around the stamping. The colours are lovely. x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Phree. The colours are so soft and the shells work so well on the stepper.
    Debbie M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Phree. What fabulous colours and all so delicate. Truly lovely!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Phree. Gorgeous colours and a lovely design. I've not yet attempted a stepper card - seems very complicated, but this is an excellent example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is almost ethereal, soft, subtle and gorgeous.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW Forgot to say, great to see you back blogging again. I thought you had abandoned your blog as you hadn't posted in so long so I stopped following you. But I am back on your list of stalkers now

    ;-)

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning ... and so different ...thanks for sharing how it was created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Phree, colour, composition, use of stamps and your crafting - excellent. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful - I love the delicate colouring and the way that everything picks up the shimmer from the card as well.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! Actually, I just happened to sign up on Wednesday and didn't plan to post until next week for WOYWW. But, I forgot that everyone would see the link. I'll have something next week for sure! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really beautiful...I love the seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, elegant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card Phree - so classy and elegant. Love the sea shells and the delicate colouring. Thanks for visiting my workspace!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Over the top gorgeous!! Love the design and the whole effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is stunning! I must have a go at a stepper card

    ReplyDelete